Your step-by-step guide to renting a property with Druce.
A guide for tenants
GET IN TOUCH
We’d love to hear from you. You can reach out to ask us for more information about a property that interests you, or simply tell us what you‘re looking for, and we’ll endeavour to find the right home for you.
You can register with us here. When you find a property you are interested in, we will arrange for you to view it, accompanied by one of our experienced and friendly lettings agents, at a time convenient to you. We’ll be happy to answer any questions throughout the process.
APPLY AND UNDERGO REFERENCE CHECK
After filling out an application form, we will ask you and all your intended co-tenants to provide references in order to establish your financial stability and ability to meet the responsibilities and conditions of the Tenancy Agreement. You will be required to provide the following:
- A reference from your employer, to include salary details and length of service.
- A bank reference, comprising a form filled in by you, which Druce then sends to your bank for processing.
- A screenshot to verify details from the applicant’s bank account (that is, the account from which the applicant plans to pay the rent).
- For current property renters, a written reference from your current landlord.
- In the case of applicants who don’t have a current landlord, a written character reference from a person of professional standing such as an accountant, doctor, lawyer, company director who you have known for some time.
- We’ll also instruct a third-party company to perform an electronic ID and credit history check on you.
When the referencing process is complete and you’ve been approved to rent the property, you’ll be invited to sign the Tenancy Agreement and pay a deposit (typically five or six weeks’ rent) plus the first payment period upfront. You will receive the keys on the start date of the tenancy.